A "Christmas Carol" and Other Christmas Writings: And Other Christmas Writings von Charles Dickens (2003, Taschenbuch)
- EUR 6,98Kostenloser Versand
- Artikelzustand: Neu
- Verkauft von mecodu
- Lieferung siehe Details
Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungA Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings collects stories of matchless charm and enduring popularity that enchanted listeners at Charles Dickens's public readings. This Penguin Classics is edited with an introduction and notes by Michael Slater.<br>Since it was first published in 1843 A Christmas Carol has had an enduring influence on the way we think about the traditions of Christmas. Dickens's story of solitary miser Ebenezer Scrooge, who is taught the true meaning of Christmas by the three ghosts of Christmas past, present and future, has been adapted into countless film and stage versions since it was first published. Dickens's other Christmas writings collected here include 'The Story of the Goblins who Stole a Sexton', the short story from The Pickwick Papers on which A Christmas Carol was based; The Haunted Man , a tale of a man tormented by painful memories; along with shorter pieces, some drawn from the 'Christmas Stories' that Dickens wrote annually for his weekly journals. In all of them Dickens celebrates the season as one of geniality, charity and remembrance.<br>This new selection contains an introduction by distinguished Dickens scholar Michael Slater discussing how the author has shaped ideas about the Christmas spirit, original illustrations by 'Phiz' and John Leech, an appendix on Dickens's use of The Arabian Nights , a further reading list and explanatory notes.<br>Charles Dickens is one of the best-loved novelists in the English language, whose 200th anniversary was celebrated in 2012. His most famous books, including Oliver Twist , Great Expectations , A Tale of Two Cities , David Copperfield and The Pickwick Papers , have been adapted for stage and screen and read by millions.<br>If you enjoyed A Christmas Carol and Other Christmas Writings , you might like Dickens's The Pickwick Papers , also available in Penguin Classics.
- AutorCharles Dickens
- SeriePenguin Classics
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- Seiten336 Seiten
- Gewicht255 g
Hier sparen: Weltliteratur & Klassiker
- EUR 8,95Preistendenz: EUR 9,52
- EUR 29,98Preistendenz: EUR 35,60
- EUR 25,26Preistendenz: EUR 29,04
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.