Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungA two volume masterpiece on ancient warfare Little needs to be said here about the fascinating era of the Roman Empire of the first century B. C., or about one of the most outstanding military commanders in history, Gaius Julius Caesar. The military history of the period has always had its avid students and enthusiasts. It also has its notable historians and foremost among these was former soldier, Theodore Ayrault Dodge who was probably the first military historian to walk upon the ground on which all of the events about which he wrote in this classic work took place. Dodge's grasp of topography and its bearing on tactical issues makes this work indispensible. The Leonaur editors highly regard Dodge's works on the great captains of warfare through the ages and our edition of 'Warfare in the Age of Napoleon' is already available. 'Warfare in the Age of Gaius Julius Caesar' is our second offering in the series and it follows the model already established by its predecessor. Based on Dodge's academically groundbreaking work, 'Caesar,' this unique two volume edition, like all of the author's 'great captains' series, benefits from numerous diagrams and maps that explain the campaigns, battles, marches, weapons, equipment, etc., in significant detail. The Leonaur editions have been substantially represented so that all the images-often small in the original editions-have been enlarged to the fullest degree to aid understanding. Volume one outlines the background of Rome at war and the significant contributions of its most outstanding generals up to the time of Caesar. It concludes in 50 B. C. Chapters on the formation of the Roman Army, it's weapons and tactics are also included. Highly Recommended. Leonaur editions are newly typeset and are not facsimiles; each title is available in softcover and hardback with dustjacket; our hardbacks are cloth bound and feature gold foil lettering on their spines and fabric head and tail bands.
- AutorTheodore Dodge
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten340 Seiten
- Gewicht567 g
Meistverkauft in Geschichte & Militär
Hier sparen: Geschichte & Militär
- EUR 59,00Preistendenz: EUR 62,73
- EUR 54,00Preistendenz: EUR 56,72
- EUR 23,90Preistendenz: EUR 24,44
- EUR 34,00Preistendenz: EUR 34,44
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 31,79
- EUR 27,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,23
- EUR 26,00Preistendenz: EUR 26,59
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.