Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,78
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,02
- EUR 15,99Preistendenz: EUR 16,83
- EUR 12,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,67
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,93
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,33
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,71
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungBy all accounts Plato is one of the most influential authors in the history of ideas and his best known work, The Republic - written in his familiar form of dialogue - is widely regarded as a cornerstone of Western philosophy. Understanding Plato's Republic provides readers with an accessible introduction to the concepts of justice that inform Plato's masterwork, carefully explicating his main argument that we would be better off leading just lives rather than unjust ones. The book examines each of the fundamental ingredients Plato uses to build up his theory of justice, including his theories of forms, function and virtue; his moral psychology; his analogy between a good and just society and a just person; and the knowledge of good that Plato deemed necessary for governing well. Also addressed are what Plato considered the consequences of his theory of justice, such as the equality of women and his criticisms of democracy. The book concludes with an insightful discussion of Plato's passionate defense of his ideals of a good and just society and a just person.
Informed by over 50 years of teaching experience, Santas' lively and engaging writing style makes The Republic accessible to all while remaining faithful to dialogue's philosophical complexity. Understanding Plato's Republic reveals rich insights into a timeless classic that holds remarkable relevance to the modern world.
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- Seiten250 Seiten
- Gewicht382 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.