Meistverkauft in Belletristik
Hier sparen: Belletristik
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,10
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,85
- EUR 10,99Preistendenz: EUR 11,18
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,56
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,16
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,68
Über dieses Produkt
- SynopsisA redemptive, healing novel, Two Cities brings to brilliant culmination the themes John Edgar Wideman has developed in fourteen previous acclaimed books. It is a story of bridges -- bridges spanning the rivers of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, bridges arching over the rifts that have divided our communities, our country, our hearts. Narrated in the bluesy voices of its three main characters, Two Citiesis a simple love story, but it is also about the survival of an endangered black urban community and the ways that people discover for redeeming themselves in a society that is failing them. With its indelible images of confrontation and outrage, matched in equal measure by lasting impressions of hope, Two Cities is a compassionate, lacerating, and nourishing novel.
- AuthorJohn Edgar Wideman
- Number Of Pages256 pages
- Publication Date1999-09-30
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Publication Year19990000
- Copyright Date1999
- Weight8.9 Oz
- Height0.6 In.
- Width5.5 In.
- Length8.2 In.
- Dewey Decimal813.5/4
- Dewey Edition21
- Reviews"A masterpiece of verve and feeling. Wideman's writing, like Toni Morrison's, is so pure and convincing that he can break the rules of classical storytelling, even invent some new ones.","This novel is about two wounded souls who fall in love under the pressure of urban warfare in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. 'Through Wideman's masterly narrative the reader learns how to accept hopelessness without giving up hope,' Walter Mosley wrote here last year. ' Two Cities is as enjoyable as it is important.'" -- Scott Veale,"Wideman is now our leading black male writer...and one of our finest writers, period."
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.