Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book marks a new departure in ethics. In our culture ethics has first and foremost been a question of &8220;the good life&8221; in relation to other people. Central to this ethic was friendship, inspired by Greek thought (not least Aristotle), and the caritas concept from the Judaeo-Christian tradition. Later moral philo- phers also included man&8217;s relation to animals, and it was agreed that the m- treatment of animals was morally reprehensible. But no early moral teaching discussed man&8217;s relation to the origin of foodstuffs and the system that p- duced them; doubtless the question was of little interest since the production path was so short. The interest in good-quality food is of course an ancient one, and healthy eating habits have often been underlined as a condition for the good life. But before industrialization the production of this food was easy to follow. As a rule, that is no longer the case. The field of ethics must therefore be extended to cover responsibility for the production and choice of foodstuffs, and it is this food ethic that Christian Coff sets out to trace.
- AutorChristian Coff
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2006
- Seiten212 Seiten
- Gewicht376 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,27
- EUR 18,00Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,36
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,39
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,31
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,73
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 15,34
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.