Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,02
- EUR 84,00Preistendenz: EUR 88,28
- EUR 49,00Preistendenz: EUR 51,50
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,50
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,71
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,12
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 41,82
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe South Sudanese conflict which erupted on 15 December 2013 as a result of power struggle within SPLM between President Salva Kirr and his deputy, Riek Machar has escalated into a full-fledged ethnic conflict. Initially, the conflict was triggered by political power struggle within SPLM. Nevertheless, it turned out to be an ethnic conflict between the Dinka and Nuer ethnic groups, dragging the world's newest nation into devastation and total collapse. The conflict has already taken an ethnic dimension where the two dominant ethnic groups are fighting for political power and to control natural resources. Although IGAD has facilitated and mediated more than eight rounds of peace talks since the outbreak of the conflict, none of them are successful in restoring lasting peace in South Sudan. This is partly because the ethnic characterization of the conflict has been systematically excluded from the management processes. Therefore, based on the findings of this book, South Sudan will continue to suffer from widespread inter-ethnic violent conflicts unless ethnic identities are managed in the IGAD led peace negotiations and incorporated in the state structure and governance system.
- AutorMemar Ayalew Demeke
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten144 Seiten
- Gewicht208 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.