Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Psychology of Diversity presents a captivating social-psychological study of diversity, the obstacles confronting it, and the benefits it provides. The text considers how historical, political, economic, and societal factors shape the way people think about and respond to diversity. The approach is multi-level, with coverage of diverse topics including everything from the neuroscience of prejudice to the politics of diversity.
While the book devotes considerable attention to the problems of prejudice and discrimination toward diverse groups, chapters also describe proven techniques for improving intergroup relations in a variety of ways. It illuminates how well-intentioned efforts to control bias can backfire personally, interpersonally, and socially. Although challenges to diversity are significant, emphasis is placed on why and how an understanding of diversity can offer unique insights and opportunities, and prepare people better for a global society.
"Unlike older and traditional texts on prejudice and intergroup relations, The Psychology of Diversity offers a
sharply different approach - one much better suited to the complexities and subtleties of present-day intergroup phenomena. It is also authoritative as one would expect from a text written by leading social psychological experts in the field."
Thomas F. Pettigrew, University of California, Santa Cruz
"This is the most comprehensive survey of diversity since the groundbreaking Jones Prejudice and Racism volume, the undisputed bible of the field for decades. The Psychology of Diversity, authoritatively written by some of the field´s foremost leaders, will rightfully take its place as the go-to resource for students, researchers, and practitioners alike, to meet the challenges of the 21st century."
Professor Susan Fiske, Eugene Higgins Professor, Psychology and Public Affairs, Princeton University
"One could not hope for better guides through the maze of social-psychological work on diversity in America.
Jones, Dovidio, and Vietze prove to be map-makers of ´Lewis and Clark´ quality, never losing their way over
difficult terrain, and steering the reader through defining research on psychological processes, and an analysis of diversity in terms of culture, power, and institutions."
Miles Hewstone, Professor of Social Psychology, University of Oxford, UK
"The successful management of increasingly diverse societies is a major imperative of our times. In their
extraordinarily comprehensive volume, Jones, Dovidio, and Vietze do a masterful job of presenting the latest
scientific evidence concerning both the challenges to and opportunities for moving beyond prejudice and racism
- AutorDeborah L. Vietze,James M. Jones,John F. Dovidio
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- VerlagJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Seiten428 Seiten
- Gewicht726 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,05
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,15
- EUR 12,00Preistendenz: EUR 12,63
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,52
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 41,88
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,93
- EUR 36,00Preistendenz: EUR 37,89
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.