Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe aim of this book is to explain the basic concepts and phenomena of quantum mechanics by means of visualization. Computer-generated illustrations in color are used extensively throughout the text, helping to establish the relation between quantum mechanics&8212;wave functions, interference, atomic structure, and so forth&8212;and classical physics&8212;point mechanics, statistical mechanics, and wave optics. Even more important, by studying the pictures in parallel with the text, readers develop an intuition for such notoriously abstract phenomena as
the tunnel effect
excitation and decay of metastable states
wave-packet motion within a well
systems of distinguishable and indistinguishable particles
free wave packets and scattering in 3 dimensions
stationary bound states in various 3-dimensional potentials
Kepler motion of wave packets in the Coulomb field
spin and magnetic resonance
Illustrations from experiments in a variety of fields, including chemistry, and molecular, atomic, nuclear, and particle physics, underline the basic as well as the practical importance of quantum mechanics.
In the present, fourth edition all computer graphics are presented in full color. It also contains additional physics topics such as hybridization.
Praise for Previous Editions
"The book is highly recommended as a complement to any standard textbook in quantum mechanics, but it will also be valuable to all of us who studied quantum mechanics without the pictures." &8212; International Journal of Quantum Chemistry
"This book would be an excellent basis for the study of special topics in a quantum physics course. Most serious students of physics and all of their teachers will want to consider having this orderly and graphic outline of introductory quantum theory at their fingertips." &8212; American Journal of Physics
"Their aim is the presentation of the 'principal ideas of wave mechanics' in such a way that students can build a quantum intuition out of their graphics." &8212; Scientific American
"This is a unique book. It does not provide a complete course in quantum theory, but as a companion work of reference it should be quite useful to students in providing insights into the dynamical structure of the theory." &8212; Nature
- AutorHans Dieter Dahmen,Siegmund Brandt
- Ausgabe4th ed. 2012
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten472 Seiten
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 15,30
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 22,88
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,79
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,38
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,64
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,28
- EUR 40,00Preistendenz: EUR 41,59
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.