Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 22,88
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,79
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,38
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,68
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
- EUR 8,99Preistendenz: EUR 9,23
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 15,21
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungAstronomy, astrophysics and space research have witnessed an explosive development over the last few decades. The new observational potential offered by space stations and the availability of powerful and highly specialized computers have revealed novel aspects of the fascinating realm of galaxies, quasars, stars and planets. The present completely revised 5th edition of The New Cosmos provides ample evidence of these dramatic developments. In a concise presentation, which assumes only a modest prior knowledge of mathematics and physics, the book gives a coherent introduction to the entire field of astronomy and astrophysics. At the same time it takes into account the art of observation and the fundamental ideas behind their interpretation. Like its predecessors, this edition of The New Cosmos will provide new insight and enjoyment not only to students and researchers in the fields of astronomy, physics and earth sciences, but also to a wide range of interested amateurs. This new edition of the classic textbook The New Cosmos presents a comprehensive introductory survey of the whole field of astronomy and astrophysics.Among the topics covered are:- Classical astronomy and the Solar System- Instruments and observational methods- The Sun and the stars- The Milky Way and other galaxies- Cosmology- The origin of the Solar System
- The evolution of the Earth and of lifeThe observational methods and results of astronomical research as well as their theoretical foundations and interrelations are presented in an understandable format. The rapid progress of observational techniques and of theoretical understanding in the past decade are introduced and summarized in this timely and readable volume.
This revised and extended new printing demonstrates the rapid advances in astronomical research and observation in the three years since the appearance of the 5th edition. The most important new results can be found within, providing in particular up-to-date information on our solar system, neutrino radiation from the Sun, the farthest galaxies and quasars and the development of the Universe.
- AutorAlbrecht Unsöld,Bodo Baschek
- Ausgabe5th ed. 2002
- Seiten562 Seiten
- Gewicht1386 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.