Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,66
- EUR 17,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,31
- EUR 14,90Preistendenz: EUR 15,20
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,54
- EUR 27,90Preistendenz: EUR 28,48
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,99
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,29
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Encyclopedia of Eastern Orthodox Christianity is an outstanding reference work providing the first English-language multi-volume account of the key historical, liturgical, and doctrinal features of Eastern Orthodoxy, including the Non-Chalcedonian churches.
The Orthodox churches are extensive families of ancient Christianity that derive from apostolic times and took much of their external shape in the Byzantine era. Today they are reemerging after generations of suppression and state persecution in eastern Europe, and now have a growing presence in western Europe. Their voice is that of the largest single block of world Christians after contemporary Roman Catholics, but it is a voice, so far, largely unheard in the West.
Uniquely comprehensive, this two-volume reference work is compiled and edited by one of the leading scholars in the field, and brings together a large panel of internationally respected writers. It explores the major traditions of Eastern Orthodoxy in detail, including the Armenian, Byzantine, Coptic, Ethiopic, Slavic, Romanian, and Syriac churches. Spanning the period from late antiquity to the present, it encompasses key subjects such as history, theology, liturgy, monasticism, sacramentology, canon law, philosophy, folk culture, architecture, archaeology, martyrology, and hagiography. With helpful illustrations, it also includes a valuable Appendix outlining the foundational documents of Orthodox theology.
The Encyclopedia is structured alphabetically and is topically cross-indexed, combining essay-length articles and brief, informative notations on hundreds of topics central to the history and theology of Eastern Orthodoxy. This invaluable new work will appeal to both academic and ecclesiastical groups, and represents a major resource for anyone interested in exploring the full breadth of topics surrounding the Eastern Christian world.
- AutorJohn Anthony Mcguckin
- HerausgaberJohn Anthony McGuckin
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- VerlagBlackwell Publishers
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten872 Seiten
- Gewicht2077 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.