Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungWorld renowned for its biological diversity and model conservation system, Costa Rica is home to a wide variety of amphibians and reptiles, from the golden toad to the scorpion lizard and the black-headed bushmaster. Jay M. Savage has studied these fascinating creatures for more than forty years, and in "The Amphibians and Reptiles of Costa Rica" he provides the most comprehensive, up-to-date treatment of their biology and evolution ever produced.Savage begins with detailed discussions of the natural and cultural history of Costa Rica, setting the stage for a detailed treatment of each of the 396 species of amphibians and reptiles that may be found there. Each species account synthesizes and analyzes everything that is known about the animal's anatomy, behavior, geographic distribution, systematics, and evolutionary history and provides keys for identifying amphibians and reptiles in the field. In addition to distribution maps and systematic and morphological illustrations, the book includes color photographs of almost every known species, many taken by the distinguished nature photographers Michael and Patricia Fogden.Because Costa Rica has played, and continues to play, a pivotal role in the study of tropical biology as well as in the development of ecotourism and ecoprospecting, and because more than half of the amphibians and reptiles in Costa Rica are also found elsewhere in Central America, "The Amphibians and Reptiles of Costa Rica" will be an essential book for a wide audience of nature lovers, naturalists, ecotourists, field biologists, conservationists, and government planners.
- AutorJay M. Savage
- VerlagUniversity of Chicago Pr.
- Seiten954 Seiten
- Gewicht2756 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 20,45
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 24,97
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,09
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,39
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,69
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
- EUR 8,99Preistendenz: EUR 9,23
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.