Meistverkauft in Kindersachbücher
Hier sparen: Kindersachbücher
- EUR 11,49Preistendenz: EUR 15,78
- EUR 38,90Preistendenz: EUR 40,50
- EUR 12,95Preistendenz: EUR 13,63
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,84
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,26
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,46
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungSwimming Studies is a wonderful, unique book from the writer and artist Leanne Shapton, author of Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry , with her artwork.
As a teenager, Leanne Shapton trained for the Olympic swimming trials; now an artist, she is still drawn inexorably to swimming, in pools and on beaches across the world. What do you with an all-absorbing activity once it's past its relevance, and yet you can't quite give it up? Is it possible to find a new purpose for its rigours and focus?
Swimming Studies is an original, meditative work that explores what it is like to move from a world of competition and discipline to one of recreation and introspection. Giving a fascinating glimpse into the private realms of swimming, and drawing, Shapton tells an intimate story of suburban adolescence, family ties, and the solitary underwater moments that now ground her artistic habits.
'Whenever I come across something of Leanne Shapton's, I feel like I have found a hidden treasure' Amy Sedaris
Leanne Shapton is an artist, illustrator, and writer who was born in Toronto and lives in New York. She has contributed to The New York Times , Harper's Magazine, The New Yorker , Jane , Seventeen , Saturday Night , and Maclean's , among other publications. She is one of the founders of J&L Books, a non-profit publishing company specializing in new art and writing. She is the author of Important Artifacts and Personal Property from the Collection of Lenore Doolan and Harold Morris, Including Books, Street Fashion, and Jewelry .
- AutorLeanne Shapton
- VerlagPenguin Books Ltd
- Seiten336 Seiten
- Gewicht450 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.