Meistverkauft in Fachbücher & Lernen
Hier sparen: Fachbücher & Lernen
- EUR 1,00Preistendenz: EUR 1,02
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,36
- EUR 40,50Preistendenz: EUR 41,41
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,31
- EUR 35,00Preistendenz: EUR 35,78
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,73
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,52
Über dieses Produkt
- Synopsis"At first reading, "Representative Men" seems the most alien of Emerson's books. First published in 1850 (having taken form over the five preceding years as a series of lectures intended as 'winter evening entertainments'), it was inspired by the romantic belief that there exists a 'general mind' that expresses itself with special intensity through certain individual lives. It was an appreciation of genius as a quality distributed to the few for the benefit of the many. When, according to Longfellow, Emerson began to speak on these themes in Boston in 1845, the Odeon theater was jammed with 'old men and young, bald heads and flowing transcendental locks, matrons and maidens, misanthropists and lovers.' The crowds were rapt and grateful, as were their counterparts two years later in England where the lecture series continued...This edition of "Representative Men" is reproduced from the fourth volume of "The Collected Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson," text established by Douglas Emory Wilson.
- AuthorRalph Waldo Emerson
- Number Of Pages190 pages
- Publication Date1996-02-01
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Publication Year19960000
- Copyright Date1987
- Weight10 Oz
- Height0.5 In.
- Width6.1 In.
- Length9.2 In.
- GroupScholarly & Professional
- LC Classification NumberPS1621.A1 1996
- Dewey Decimal920 B
- Dewey Edition22
- Edited byAndrew Delbanco
- Text byDouglas E. Wilson
Table Of Content
- Table Of ContentHistorical Introduction Statement of Editorial Principles Textual Introduction REPRESENTATIVE MEN: SEVEN LECTURES 1. Uses of Great Men 2. Plato, or the Philosopher, Plato: New Readings 3. Swedenborg, or the Mystic 4. Montaigne, or the Skeptic 5. Shakspeare, or the Poet 6. Napoleon, or the Man of the World 7. Goethe, or the Writer Notes Textual Apparatus Annex A: The Manuscript Appendix 1: The 1850 Compositors Appendix 2 : Revisions in the Manuscript Annex B: Parallel Passages Index
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.