Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungCorbelled dome structures are simple but fascinating built forms that were created for very practical reasons: the stones lying around in great numbers in many regions were stacked up using the dry stone construction method to form useful structures &8211; especially huts. The only way for the builders to create a roof was to build a corbelled dome &8211; a constructive form that dates back to burial chambers from the 5th millennium BC.Largely overlooked is the phenomenon that people in highly diverse regions began again to use the corbelled dome technique roughly 200 years ago &8211; usually to build agricultural shelters. They did so in regions situated far from one another &8211; in places like Iceland, Ireland, Spain, Malta, and Italy &8211; and thus in developments entirely independent from one another, similar building forms emerged.Renate Löbbecke has been tracking down such structures for over 25 years. On her travels in 15 countries &8211; and often using detective-like skill &8211; she has captured photographs depicting this unique phenomenon of designed nature. The extensive archive she has amassed in the process oscillates between artistic perception and scientific examination: the corbelled dome structures are documented here for the first time in this manner, but above all, the wonderful photography also makes them accessible to all those interested in art and architecture.
- HerausgaberHorst Bredekamp
- VerlagKönig, Walther
- Seiten384 Seiten
- Gewicht1722 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,05
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,02
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,15
- EUR 12,00Preistendenz: EUR 12,63
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,52
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 41,88
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,93
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.