Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungWhen Dutch and subsequently French voters rejected the Draft Treaty for a Constitution for Europe in Spring 2005, many voices called for a pause for reflection. This book is, in part, a result of that moment of reflection. We wanted to contribute to the debate about Europe but crucially, we sought to do so by taking a step back from the problem formation and agenda-setting of Brussels. For the authors of this volume, one key to establishing critical distance has been the reappraisal of the historical perspective. Another has been the problematisation of &8216;Europe as a space&8217; as opposed to looking for a definition of borders. The authors also seek critical distance through a focus on the tension between Europe as a culture, as a polity and as an economy. These tensions have often been neglected or even ignored and the relationships have been seen as more or less synonymous and harmonious. The aim of this volume, then, is two-fold. It wants, developing a critical distance to the present Europe, to contribute to the vivid academic research and debate on Europe, which too often either develops distance without commenting on the present state of affairs or comments on the present without critical distance.
- HerausgaberBo Stråth,Hans-Åke Persson
- SerieEurope plurielle / Multiple Europes
- Seiten426 Seiten
- Gewicht620 g
Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,42
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,47
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,45
- EUR 22,80Preistendenz: EUR 23,10
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,63
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,36
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.