Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungDisordered breathing patterns may be a symptom or a cause of frequently undiagnosed health problems. A significant proportion of the population worldwide suffers from breathing pattern disorders, particularly in the more developed countries. Accordingly, a wide range of practitioners encounter these problems, often without having received any prior training in their causation or management.
This book is intended to help practitioners understand the causes and effects of disordered breathing and to provide strategies and protocols to help restore normal function. Fully updated throughout, this volume has been completely revised to guide the practitioner in the recognition of breathing pattern disorders and presents the latest research findings relating to the condition including a range of completely new techniques - many from an international multidisciplinary perspective - to help restore and maintain normal functionality.
The volume also provides an overview of the underlying anatomy, physiology and basic biochemistry associated with breathing. Chapters then examine the psychological and emotional variables associated with disordered breathing together with assessment protocols taken from a variety of perspectives - including Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization methods, osteopathic, physiotherapeutic, and psychological methods. Comprehensively covering a range of interventions suitable for use in a variety of settings - including the use of techniques in patients with longstanding pain disorders - the book concludes with chapters on speech and singing, breathing disorders in the athlete, and looks at the importance of breathing techniques in relation to Feldenkrais®, Pilates, Tai chi Qigong and yoga.
"This is not a perfect all-encompassing textbook.That was not its purpose. As a catalyst for stimulating further exploration and for use as a reference in clinical work of wide-ranging paradigms it succeeds admirably." Reviewed by: David Propert, British School of Osteopathy, UK, International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine Date: Aug 2014
- AutorChristopher Gilbert,Dinah Bradley,Leon Chaitow
- SerieChurchill Livingstone
- Ausgabe2nd Edition.
- VerlagElsevier LTD, Oxford
- Seiten320 Seiten
- Gewicht721 g
Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 89,99Preistendenz: EUR 92,24
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 41,81
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 40,99
- EUR 49,80Preistendenz: EUR 51,87
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 21,26
- EUR 35,99Preistendenz: EUR 38,36
- EUR 29,99Preistendenz: EUR 31,06
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.