Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book argues that race and ethnic relationships must be understood in new ways; that the analytical frameworks provided by constructivist thought and post-colonial writing must be interrogated to provide more comprehensive methodological resources to examine these relationships. Recent events, such as attacks on New York, Madrid and London, and riots in Paris and Sydney, suggest that the social world as we know it has changed. The new sense of danger which has emerged in increasingly globalised times is the re-emergence of an other identity which is no longer easily identifiable as inside or outside of who-we-are. That they could be anyone-of-us, even as their presence as an-other is made concretely and terrifyingly real, adds a new and frightening overlay to the discussion of contemporary race and ethnic relations. This book works on so many different levels - as a research narrative; as a story of the policy of multiculturalism in Australia; as an account of a struggle to interpret cultural differences; as an ethnography of a school dealing with profound demographic changes; and as an interpretation of how change occurs and re-shapes not only people but also institutions.
Fazal Rizvi, Professor in Educational Policy Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- AutorRuth Arber
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten214 Seiten
- Gewicht499 g
Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,42
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,47
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,45
- EUR 24,90Preistendenz: EUR 25,25
- EUR 22,80Preistendenz: EUR 23,10
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,60
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,63
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.