Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis comprehensive book covers both long-standing results in the theory of polynomials and recent developments which have until now only been available in the research literature. After initial chapters on the location and separation of roots and on irreducibility criteria, the book covers more specialized polynomials, including those which are symmetric, integer-value or cyclotomic, and those of Chebyshev and Bernoulli. There follow chapters on Galois theory and ideals in polynomial rings. Finally there is a detailed discussion of Hilbert&8217;s 17th problem on the representation of non-negative polynomials as sums of squares of rational functions and generalizations.
From the reviews:
"... Despite the appearance of this book in a series titled Algorithms and Computation of Mathematics, computation occupies only a small part of the monograph. It is best described as a useful reference for one's personal collection and a text for a full-year course given to graduate or even senior undergraduate students. [.....] the book under review is worth purchasing for the library and possibly even for one's own collection. The author's interest in the history and development of this area is evident, and we have pleasant glimpses of progress over the last three centuries. He exercises nice judgment in selection of arguments, with respect to both representativeness of approaches and elegance, so that the reader gains a synopsis of and guide to the literature, in which more detail can be found. ..." (E. Barbeau, SIAM Review 47, No. 3, 2005)
"... the volume is packed with results and proofs that are well organised thematically into chapters and sections. What is unusual is to have a text that embraces and intermingles both analytic and algebraic aspects of the theory. Although the subject is about such basic objects, many tough results of considerable generality are incorporated and it is striking that refinements, both in theorems and proofs continued throughout the latter part of the Twentieth Century. [...] There is a plentiful of problems, some of which might be challenging even for polynomial people; solutions to selected problems are also included." (S.D.Cohen, MathSciNet, MR 2082772, 2005)
"Problems concerning polynomials have impulsed resp. accompanied the development of algebra from its very beginning until today and over the centuries a lot of mathematical gems have been brought to light. This book presents a few of them, some being classical, but partly probably unknown even to experts, some being quite recently discovered. [&8230
- AutorVictor V. Prasolov
- SerieAlgorithms and Computation in Mathematics
- Ausgabe2004. 2nd Print.
- Seiten301 Seiten
- Gewicht476 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,02
- EUR 84,00Preistendenz: EUR 88,28
- EUR 49,00Preistendenz: EUR 51,50
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,50
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,71
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,12
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 41,82
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.