Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 15,30
- EUR 34,99Preistendenz: EUR 36,39
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,99
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 24,96
- EUR 21,90Preistendenz: EUR 22,53
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,78
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,40
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe book is an attempt to examine the activities of President William Tubman and his once- powerful Two Whig Party that ruled Liberia for many decades. The author evaluates how the spate of political corruption of that era became institutionalized and its contribution to the civil crisis that later engulfed the Country. The work reveals the early moves of American Colonization Society with regards to securing land for the purposes of settling the freed slaves from America. The initial hostilities the new Republic faced and their efforts towards inculcating the indigenous tribes who inhabited the place before the settlers arrived were also part of the interesting issues that were dealt with. The study analyzed some government policies which later became instruments of authoritarianism and corruption. It also studied how regime change was effected after Tubman's death, his successor's lip-service efforts to curb corruption and how, coupled with nepotism, it continued unabated and led Liberia into civil crisis.
- AutorDeclan Amaraegbu
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten64 Seiten
- Gewicht112 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.