Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungKvasz&8217;s book is a contribution to the history and philosophy of mat- matics, or, as one might say, the historical approach to the philosophy of mathematics. This approach is for mathematics what the history and philosophy of science is for science. Yet the historical approach to the philosophy of science appeared much earlier than the historical approach to the philosophy of mathematics. The ?rst signi?cant work in the history and philosophy of science is perhaps William Whewell&8217;s Philosophy of the Inductive Sciences, founded upon their History. This was originally published in 1840, a second, enlarged edition appeared in 1847, and the third edition appeared as three separate works p- lished between 1858 and 1860. Ernst Mach&8217;s The Science of Mech- ics: A Critical and Historical Account of Its Development is certainly a work of history and philosophy of science. It ?rst appeared in 1883, and had six further editions in Mach&8217;s lifetime (1888, 1897, 1901, 1904, 1908, and 1912). Duhem&8217;s Aim and Structure of Physical Theory appeared in 1906 and had a second enlarged edition in 1914. So we can say that history and philosophy of science was a well-established ?eld th th by the end of the 19 and the beginning of the 20 century. By contrast the ?rst signi?cant work in the history and philosophy of mathematics is Lakatos&8217;s Proofs and Refutations, which was p- lished as a series of papers in the years 1963 and 1964.
- AutorLadislav Kvasz
- SerieScience Networks. Historical Studies
- VerlagSpringer Basel AG
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten262 Seiten
- Gewicht672 g
Meistverkauft in Mathematik
Hier sparen: Mathematik
- EUR 22,99Preistendenz: EUR 23,58
- EUR 27,99Preistendenz: EUR 29,86
- EUR 49,99Preistendenz: EUR 53,32
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 25,60
- EUR 29,99Preistendenz: EUR 31,98
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,99
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,38
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.