Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungFor the first time a modern British historian tells the story of the against-the-odds triumph through the accounts of the regimental officers and soldiers whose bravery and resolution achieved victory. The author has used many unpublished sources, letters and diaries of ordinary British soldiers, in the vein of Stephen Ambrose's highly successful Band of Brothers.
With a concise, fast-moving account covering, ex-Commander of the British Army Barney White-Spunner tells the story through the experiences of those who fought there and their families, offering his unique perspective on the events. The story focuses on mens' personal feelings and their relationships, with each other, their families, their leaders and their enemies. It tells the stories of their lives, what they had left behind and why and what they went back to. It vividly captures their daily routine, their life in camp and how they fought at first hand, their fear, excitement and exhaustion.
The Battle of Waterloo was one of the most significant ever fought by a British army, but it was also one of the most bloody with about 50,000 men losing their lives over three days. What was it like for those who fought and for their families waiting at home? This is their story.
- AutorBarney White-Spunner
- VerlagSimon & Schuster, Paula Wiseman Books
- Seiten496 Seiten
- Gewicht372 g
Meistverkauft in Geschichte & Militär
Hier sparen: Geschichte & Militär
- EUR 23,90Preistendenz: EUR 25,33
- EUR 59,00Preistendenz: EUR 62,52
- EUR 32,00Preistendenz: EUR 33,91
- EUR 27,50Preistendenz: EUR 30,67
- EUR 29,80Preistendenz: EUR 31,58
- EUR 12,00Preistendenz: EUR 12,67
- EUR 27,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,41
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.