Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book is presented as a 1989 update on the task set by Robert Burton in his "Anatomy ofMelancholy," published in 1621. Burton's treatise addressed ques tions regarding depression which are still highly relevant today: ". . . What is it, with all the kinds, causes, symptoms, prognostickes and several cures ofit. . . . " These remain the core issues in affective disorders notwithstanding the remarkable progress that has been made in addressing them. New Directions in Affective Disorders sets out to provide an overviewofwhat has been achieved with particular emphasison developing trends and novel initiatives in bothfundamental research and treatment. The overriding objective of the book is to integrate significant contributions from basic and clinical science into a comprehensive format which will be of value to both clinicians and researchers. Intensive interest in affective illness isan inevitableconsequenceofthe frequency with which these disorders occur. Depression is the most common psychiatric condition, affecting as many as 50%ofpeople in Western countries at some time in their lives. National Institute ofMental Health Statistics estimate that 15% of adults between 18 and 74 years ofage may be suffering from serious depressive disorders in any given year. Depression is a serious condition with a high mortality. A suicide rate ofapproximately 20,000 deaths per year as a result of this illness is almost certainly a conservative estimate.
- HerausgaberBernard Lerer,Samuel Gershon
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
- Seiten732 Seiten
- Gewicht1106 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,15
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,51
- EUR 22,90Preistendenz: EUR 23,62
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,07
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,28
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,61
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.