Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungMysterymania examines the reception in Britain of the French author Eugène Sue from 1838 to 1860 with the aim of furthering understanding of the intellectual and cultural dialogue between France and Britain and the effect of that dialogue on British fiction during the Victorian period. Sue&8217;s novels were widely read throughout the western world during the 1840s, especially amongst the newly literate of the poor and working classes. His success with these new readers helped to feed the controversies of the period surrounding the influence of fiction on public morality. The study of Sue&8217;s reception in Britain offers insight into these controversies as well as adding to the awareness of the concerns of an important period in the history of English literature. Because of his widespread success, Sue&8217;s effect on popular culture and fiction is easily recognized. Mysterymania explores the more problematic relationship of Sue&8217;s fiction with contemporary British works which now form part of the established canon. Particular attention is paid to the relationship Sue&8217;s novels bear to some of the most studied figures of English literature, notably Dickens and Thackeray. Mysterymania seeks to advance the appreciation of a nineteenth-century author whose works were significant to his time but whose importance has been largely ignored since.
- AutorBerry Palmer Chevasco
- VerlagLang, Peter
- Seiten284 Seiten
- Gewicht440 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 15,30
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,79
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,38
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,64
- EUR 40,00Preistendenz: EUR 41,59
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,68
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.