Hier sparen: Physik & Astronomie
- EUR 79,98Preistendenz: EUR 83,21
- EUR 29,95Preistendenz: EUR 30,37
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,49
- EUR 21,95Preistendenz: EUR 22,46
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,71
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,27
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,60
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungIn the early 1950s microseisms, with characteristic amplitudes of several micro meters, were considered insignificant relative to powerful destructive earthquakes. They were understood to be noise, as natural fluctuations, not carrying any in formation and distorting recordings on seismograms. Intensive investigations over subsequent decades have shown, however, that microseisins are only a single facet of a huge complex of phenomena comprising cyclone movement over oceans, sea roughness, infrasound, geomagnetic micropulsations, terrestial of these phenomena proved to be confined in time currents, etc. The source and space, whereas their effects propagated over global distances. This could be interpreted as a case of natural "remote sensing". It should be mentioned that all of the evidence gathered in the last few decades supports the theory of M. S. Longuet-Higgins published in 1950. The author has been engaged in problems of microseisms since 1955 and is deeply convinced that these phenomena are not only of theoretical interest but may also find practical application in meteorology, oceanology, navigation and other areas. She hopes. that this book will stimulate further research as well as new approaches to practical problems.
- AutorValentina N. Tabulevich
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992.
- Seiten150 Seiten
- Gewicht295 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.