Meistverkauft in Sonstige
Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 11,98Preistendenz: EUR 12,70
- EUR 18,23Preistendenz: EUR 18,60
- EUR 11,26Preistendenz: EUR 12,05
- EUR 23,04Preistendenz: EUR 24,31
- EUR 19,07Preistendenz: EUR 19,99
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 11,29
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 24,89
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungLesson Plan from the year 2010 in the subject English - Literature, Works, printed single-sided, grade: 1,3, University of Marburg (Anglistik), course: Second Language Acquisition, language: English, abstract: 1. General OverviewThe Hessian Curriculum(1) demands that the English lesson in the Oberstufe has to improve the pupils language skills as well as enlarge their knowledge about English literature and different cultures. Correspondingly, the pupils should gain experiences with a variety of texts and different media. By this, they develop critical media literacy which is an essential prerequisite for working independently. Ideally, these main objectives should be combinedin every teaching unit.The novel The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck was published in 1939. It reports the story of the farmer family Joad which has, like hundred thousands of other families, to leave their home Oklahoma to start a new life in California. By this, Steinbeck exemplifies the fateof migrant workers in the USA during the 1930 s. The novel should be motivating for the pupils as it constitutes an authentic documentation of the social circumstances during the time of the Great Depression.(2) Furthermore, the dramatic story of the family Joad is gripping and arouses empathy. The novel, moreover, refers to central topics, like work ethnic and inequality, which can be connected to the current problems of globalization.In The Grapes of Wrath Steinbeck makes use of the migrants authentic language. That is why the reading might be a challenge for the pupils. Besides, Steinbeck s literary techniques are note-worthy. He, for instance, adds so-called intercalary chapters, which evaluate the plot and provide further information on the historical context.Moreover, the controversy(3) of the novel led to various reactions of artists and film adaptations. So the novel is an appropriate starting point for the comparison of different media, like for instance songs, photographs and film adaptations. Correspondingly, this teaching unit aims at combining knowledge about literature and history with thedevelopment of language awareness and media competence.__________(1)Lehrplan Englisch, Gymnasialer Bildungsgang: Jahrgangsstufen 10G bis 12G, Hessisches Kultusministerium2010 (Entwurf).(2) John Steinbeck has accompanied migrant families on their way to California.(3) At first, the novel was abolished in California, later it won the Pulitzer Prize (1940).[...]
- AutorLisa Sangmeister
- Seiten20 Seiten
- Gewicht48 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.