Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe bestselling Joy of Cooking -the book Julia Child called "a fundamental resource for any American cook"-now in a revised and updated 75th Anniversary edition, which restores the voice of the original authors and many of the most beloved recipes from past editions and includes quick, healthy recipes for the way we cook today. JOY is a timeless kitchen essential for this generation and the next.
A St. Louis widow named Irma Rombauer took her life savings and self-published a book called The Joy of Cooking in 1931. Her daughter Marion tested recipes and made the illustrations, and they sold their mother-daughter project from Irma's apartment.
Today, nine revisions later, the Joy of Cooking -selected by The New York Public Library as one of the 150 most important and influential books of the twentieth century-has taught tens of millions of people to cook, helped feed and delight millions beyond that, answered countless kitchen and food questions, and averted many a cooking crisis.
Ethan Becker, Marion's son, led the latest version of JOY, still a family affair, into the twenty-first century with the seventy-fifth anniversary edition that draws upon the best of the past while keeping its eye on the way we cook now. It features a rediscovery of the witty, clear voices of Marion Becker and Irma Rombauer, whose first instructions to the cook were "stand facing the stove." Recently, Ethan's son, John Becker, and John's wife, Megan Scott, joined the JOY team, where they oversee the brand's website (TheJoyKitchen.com) and all social media for JOY. They spearheaded the creation of the bestselling Joy of Cooking app, available for iPhone and iPad.
JOY remains the greatest teaching cookbook ever written. Reference material gives cooks the precise information they need for success. New illustrations focus on techniques, including everything from knife skills to splitting cake layers, setting a table, and making tamales.
The 75th Anniversary edition also brings back the encyclopedic chapter Know Your Ingredients. The chapter that novices and pros alike have consulted for over thirty years has been revised, expanded, and banded, making it a book within a book. Cooking Methods shows cooks how to braise, steam, roast, sauté, and deep-fry effortlessly, while an all-new Nutrition chapter has the latest thinking on healthy eating-as well as a large dose of common sense.
This edition restores the personality of the book, reinstating popular elements such as the grab-bag Brunch, Lunch, and Supper chapter and chapters on frozen desserts, cocktails, beer and wine, canning, salting, smoking, jellies and preserves, pickles and relishes, and freezing foods
- AutorEthan Becker,Irma S. Rombauer,Marion Rombauer Becker
- VerlagScribner Macmillan
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten1152 Seiten
- Gewicht1810 g
Meistverkauft in Kochen & Genießen
Hier sparen: Kochen & Genießen
- EUR 39,95Preistendenz: EUR 41,77
- EUR 16,95Preistendenz: EUR 17,41
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,88
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,39
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,31
- EUR 24,90Preistendenz: EUR 26,03
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.