Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe effects of international trade and foreign direct investment (FDI) on developing economies have always been controversial. From about the 1980s, however, the countries adopting open policies have tended to o- perform those adopting closed policies. The former, essentially the eco- mies of Asia and some countries of Latin America, have grown faster than the latter, the economies of sub-Saharan Africa. With the unstoppable spread of globalization and the supremacy of &8220;open&8221; policies over &8220;closed&8221; ones, the debate between &8220;participating&8221; and &8220;not participating&8221; in the world economy has been superseded by discussions on the best p- icy measures for expanding participation and enhancing the accrued w- fare gains. The countries of sub-Saharan Africa have no choice but to take part in international trade and investment. Policies to strengthen inter- tional competitiveness are almost unanimously considered crucial means towards those ends. A key way of making a country more competitive is to strengthen its international competitiveness in trade and investment. Competitiveness in international trade is defined, in the present analysis, as the ability of a country to produce and sell goods in the international market at a lower price than competitor countries. Competitiveness in international inve- ment, on the other hand, is understood as the ability of a country to attract large inflows of foreign investment. Given that competitors also strive to increase their abilities to sell goods and attract, the study takes a dynamic approach, as opposed to a static approach, to comparative advantage.
- AutorIvohasina F. Razafimahefa,Shigeyuki Hamori
- SerieAdvanced Studies in Theoretical and Applied Econometrics
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten170 Seiten
- Gewicht970 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 18,00Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,36
- EUR 22,90Preistendenz: EUR 23,42
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,39
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,31
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,73
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,52
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.