Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungHypoparathyroidism, a condition in which insufficient parathyroid hormone (PTH) is produced to maintain normocalcemia is associated with a variety of acute and chronic symptoms and complications due to hypocalcemia. Replacement therapy utilizing PTH has long been awaited, and this book is new and very timely as it coincides with the publication of results on the role of the PTH molecule in the pharmacological management of this disorder. This advance is sparking renewed interest in hypoparathyroidism, which is attributable to neck surgery in most cases and to inherited disorders in a minority.
Hypoparathyroidism has been written by acknowledged experts in the field and provides essential, up-to-date information on the pathology, diagnosis, and treatment of the condition. It opens by addressing in detail the anatomy and physiology of the parathyroids and describing the epidemiology and clinical presentation of hypoparathyroidism. The full range of hypoparathyroid disorders are then discussed, including the various genetic forms, postoperative hypoparathyroidism, and other forms of acquired hypoparathyroidism. Individual chapters focus on refractory disease, the impact of the condition on bone, and the management of acute hypocalcemia. Both conventional treatment for hypoparathyroidism and the novel replacement therapy with PTH peptides are then thoroughly examined. Pseudohypoparathyroidism is also extensively discussed, with information on the various forms, differential diagnosis, and genetic testing. This book will be of interest to all endocrinologists, and also to surgeons and internal medicine physicians.
- HerausgaberEdward Meigs Brown,Maria Luisa Brandi
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten429 Seiten
- Gewicht1111 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 20,45
- EUR 24,00Preistendenz: EUR 24,97
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,09
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,39
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,69
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
- EUR 8,99Preistendenz: EUR 9,23
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.