Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis is a masterly exposition and an encyclopedic presentation of the theory of hyperbolic conservation laws. It illustrates the essential role of continuum thermodynamics in providing motivation and direction for the development of the mathematical theory while also serving as the principal source of applications. The reader is expected to have a certain mathematical sophistication and to be familiar with (at least) the rudiments of analysis and the qualitative theory of partial differential equations, whereas prior exposure to continuum physics is not required. The target group of readers would consist of
(a) experts in the mathematical theory of hyperbolic systems of conservation laws who wish to learn about the connection with classical physics;
(b) specialists in continuum mechanics who may need analytical tools;
(c) experts in numerical analysis who wish to learn the underlying mathematical theory; and
(d) analysts and graduate students who seek introduction to the theory of hyperbolic systems of conservation laws.
New to the 3rd edition is an account of the early history of the subject, spanning the period between 1800 to 1957. Also new is a chapter recounting the recent solution of open problems of long standing in classical aerodynamics. Furthermore, the presentation of a number of topics in the previous edition has been revised and brought up to date, and the collection of applications has been substantially enriched. The bibliography, also expanded and updated, now comprises over fifteen hundred titles.
From the reviews of the 2nd edition:
"The author is known as one of the leading experts in the field. His masterly written book is, surely, the most complete exposition in the subject." Evgeniy Panov, Zentralblatt MATH
"This book is sure to convince every reader that working in this area is challenging, enlightening, and joyful." Katarina Jegdic, SIAM Review
- AutorConstantine M. Dafermos
- AusgabeSoftcover reprint of hardcover 3rd ed. 2010.
- Seiten710 Seiten
- Gewicht1110 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,00
- EUR 14,50Preistendenz: EUR 14,87
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,48
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,74
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,79
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,49
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 31,26
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.