Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
Software drives the modern world, but its inner workings remain a mystery to many. It's the force behind stunning CGI graphics, safe online shopping, and speedy Google searches. We use software every day, but not all of us understand exactly how it works.
If you've ever wondered what really goes on behind your computer screen, How Software Works will give you a fascinating look into the software around you. For example, you'll learn how computer-generated animation can be combined with real-world footage to create realistic special effects, how videogames render graphics in real time, how hash functions scramble passwords to protect them from attacks, and how Google ranks search results.
You'll also learn:
- How encryption works and how different standards can be attacked
- How video is compressed for online streaming
- How data is searched (and found) in huge databases
- How programs work together on the same problem without conflict
- How software interprets a map and directs you where to go
How Software Works is written in plain English, with patient explanations and intuitive diagrams that anyone can understand. No technical background is required, and there's no code.
You don't have to be a computer scientist to understand how computers perform the common-yet-amazing tasks that we take for granted every day. Start unraveling the mysteries of software with How Software Works.
- AutorV. Anton Spraul
- Ausgabe1. Auflage
- VerlagNo Starch Press
- Seiten216 Seiten
- Gewicht422 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,27
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,57
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,36
- EUR 22,90Preistendenz: EUR 23,42
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,31
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,52
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,81