Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungPeyton Lockhart and her sisters have just inherited Bishop's Cove, a charming oceanfront resort. But it comes with a condition: They must run the resort for one year and show a profit-only then will they own it.
Peyton welcomes the challenge, yet has no idea how many people want to sabotage her success-including her vindictive cousins and the powerful land developers who have an eye on the coveted beachfront property. But when the threats against Peyton escalate into dangerous territory, she enlists the help of her childhood friend, FBI agent Finn MacBain.
Finn saved her life once before. Peyton has no choice but to trust him to do it again.
- AutorJulie Garwood
- VerlagPenguin LCC US
- Seiten400 Seiten
- Gewicht195 g
- LeseprobeFinn wasn't ready to go inside yet. Beck would come and get him when it was time. It was warm today. The sun was shining, and it was at least seventy degrees, he guessed, maybe seventy-five. He and Ronan had spent a week working in Chicago where it had been around ten degrees every single day with crazy below-zero wind chills. The heat felt good on his face. He liked being outside, cold or hot, and he liked being home, too. It had been such a long time.
His cell phone rang, reminding him that he needed to turn it off before the ceremony. He saw who was calling and felt a wave of exhaustion. On-again off-again Danielle was trying to reconnect with him. He wasn't about to get into that drama. He'd had enough, and he simply didn't have the stamina for any more of her games. He declined the call and turned off the phone. He should go in, he decided, and was about to do just that when he saw her. The vision in blue. He watched her cross the parking lot and start up the walkway, her high heels clicking against the brick. He noticed her body first, of course. It was damn near perfect. The short, fitted dress showed off her curves and her long, gorgeous legs. Her stride was every bit as sexy as her body. The way she moved was sensual and seductive. She was absolutely beautiful. Her long dark hair, the color of midnight, fell in soft curls just below her slender shoulders.
She must have felt him watching her, for she suddenly turned and looked up the hill. When she saw him, she stepped off the path and started walking toward him. He wanted to swallow, but he couldn't seem to remember how. He had never reacted to any woman this fiercely, this quickly. What had happened to his self-control? He excused his bizarre behavior by reasoning that she was no ordinary woman. He didn't want to stare, but the closer she came, the better she looked. Beneath her thick dark eyelashes were the most beautiful, crystalline blue eyes he had ever seen, and her rosy lips were full and inviting.
She stepped directly in front of him and gave him a heart-stopping smile. The dimple in her cheek was sexy as hell. So was her scent, which was light and feminine.
Her eyes sparkled with laughter when she stretched up, kissed him on his cheek, and said, "Hello, Hotshot."
He was speechless. Peyton Lockhart? He couldn't believe it. She was all grown-up. She had gone from a skinny little girl to this beautiful woman with a devastating smile. When did this happen? The transformation seemed to have taken place overnight, but then Finn realized he hadn't been around while she was growing up. He'd gone to California to do his undergraduate work at Stanford and had stayed there for law school
Meistverkauft in Krimis & Thriller
Hier sparen: Krimis & Thriller
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,95
- EUR 15,90Preistendenz: EUR 16,81
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 24,31
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,85
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,12
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.