Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungGlobal Pedagogies: Schooling for the Future, which is the twelfth volume in the 12-volume book series Globalisation, Comparative Education and Policy Research, presents scholarly research on major discourses in comparative education research with reference to globalisation, educational policy and classroom pedagogy. It is a sourcebook of ideas for researchers, practitioners and policy makers in education, globalisation, global pedagogies and schooling for the future around the world.
The aim of the book is to provide an easily accessible, practical yet scholarly source of information about the international concern in the field of globalisation, global pedagogies, and educational transformation. Readers will find here the very latest thinking on globalisation, global pedagogies and educational transformation in the context of global culture. It offers a timely overview of current issues affecting discourses pertaining to global pedagogies and policy research in the global culture. It provides directions in education, and policy research, relevant to transformational educational reforms in the 21st century.
The book critically examines the overall interplay between comparative education discourses, globalisation, and education. It draws upon recent studies in the areas of globalisation, equity, social justice, and the role of the State. It explores conceptual frameworks and methodological approaches applicable in the research covering the State, globalisation, equity, and education. It demonstrates the neo-liberal ideological imperatives of education and policy reforms, and illustrates the way the relationship between the State and education policy affects current models and trends in education reforms and schooling globally. Various book chapters critique the dominant discourses and debates pertaining to comparative education discourses and the newly constructed and re-invented models of neo-liberal ideology in education. Using a number of diverse paradigms in comparative education research, ranging from critical theory to globalisation, the authors, by focusing on globalisation, ideology and democracy, attempt to examine critically both the reasons and outcomes of education reforms, policy change and transformation and provide a more informed critique on the Western-driven models of accountability, quality and school effectiveness. The book draws upon recent studies in the areas of equity, cultural capital and dominant ideologies in education.
- AutorJoseph Zajda
- HerausgaberJoseph Zajda
- SerieGlobalisation, Comparative Education and Policy Research
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten208 Seiten
- Gewicht1110 g
Meistverkauft in Soziologie
Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,54
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,64
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,54
- EUR 22,80Preistendenz: EUR 23,23
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,70
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,23
- EUR 17,95Preistendenz: EUR 18,18
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.