Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis book approaches the concept of geo-architecture by analyzing the symbolic characters of architectures. It proves that the relationship between architecture and geography is not merely an embodiment of physical and functional demands but rather a formal expression of the materialization of culture. After analyzing the vast number of villages, groups of buildings and individual buildings the forms of which closely resemble the forms of the Bagua (symbol of the Eight Trigrams), Taichi, animals and plants, this book finds that this kind of symbolism creatively places living and working places within the natural geographic environment and, by seeking a relationship between architecture and its surrounding environment, comes to express people&8217;s hopes and dreams, evolving slowly to take on certain cultural connotations. This book is the fourth of a 4-volume book series. The series develops the innovative concept of &8220;geo-architecture&8221; by exploring the myriad influences of natural, human and historical factors upon architecture. These influences are considered in three categories, namely, interaction between architecture and nature, interaction between architecture and its human users and change in architecture over time--each category serves as a lens. Augmenting these lenses is the Time-Person-Place concept applied different geographic. The analysis ultimately focuses on two aspects: geographic influence on architecture and architectural response to geography. The over 1000 pictures of case architectures enriches the study with stunning and unique visual angles."This unprecedented work will be a unique and valuable contribution to the literature. Integrating as it does the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, and geography, Wang Fang&8217;s voice is original, compelling, and will be much appreciated by English-speaking readers (and inside China, too, I can only imagine.)"Stephen M Ervin Assistant Dean Graduate School of Design, Harvard University July 2nd, 2013"One reason for why there would be interest is because her research would fill some significant gaps in the literature.What is novel about Dr. Wang&8217;s series is that she further extends this intellectual project of looking at Chinese architecture through Chinese eyes, by taking it one provocative step further."Annette M. Kim Associate Professor Department of Urban Studies and Planning, M.I.T. July 1st, 2013
- AutorFang Wang
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2016
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten233 Seiten
- Gewicht555 g
Hier sparen: Geowissenschaften
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,30
- EUR 9,90Preistendenz: EUR 12,25
- EUR 82,21Preistendenz: EUR 89,79
- EUR 10,00Preistendenz: EUR 10,34
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.