Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungBeing interfaces between living organisms and an environment, biological surfaces serve variety of functions. Because of the structural and chemical complexity of biological surfaces, exact working mechanisms have been clarified only for several systems. However, biological surfaces hide virtually endless potential of technological ideas for development of new materials and systems. Because of the diversity of functions of biological surfaces, inspirations from biology may be also interesting for a broad range of topics in engineering. Since all biological surfaces are polyfunctional, it makes them even more interesting from the point of view of biomimetics. This book, having no analogy on the market, is devoted to the rapidly growing area of science dealing with structure and properties of biological surfaces in their relation to particular function(s). The issue, written by a team of specialists from different disciplines, covers various functions, such as protection, water retention, adhesion, anti-adhesion, friction reduction, light reflection and scattering, self cleaning etc. Some structural and experimental methods to clarify functional, behavioural, ecological, and evolutionary questions related to biological surfaces are demonstrated.In short: New subject not covered in other books to this extent. Interdisciplinarity. Potentially interesting to biologists, physicists, engineers. Richly illustrated.
Volume 1Functional Surfaces in Biology: Little Structures with Big Effects. This book is devoted to the rapidly growing area of science dealing with structure and properties of biological surfaces in their relation to particular function(s). The issue, written by a team of specialists from different disciplines, covers various surface functions, such as protection, defence, water transport, anti-wetting, self cleaning, light reflection and scattering, and acoustics. Because biological surfaces hide virtually endless potential of technological ideas for development of new materials and systems, inspirations from biology may be also interesting for a broad range of topics in surface engineering.
Volume 2 Functional Surfaces in Biology: Adhesion Related Phenomena. This book describes structure and properties of biological surfaces with particular adhesive properties. The issue, written by a team of specialists from different disciplines, covers two main types of systems: those specialised in adhesion enhancement or in adhesion reduction. Information on adhesive organs of insects, geckos, barnacles, and fish is given in the first part of the book. The second part considers plant surfaces specialised in the adhesion reduction
- AutorStanislav S. N. Gorb
- HerausgaberStanislav N. Gorb
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- SprachausgabeDeutsch, Englisch
- Seiten660 Seiten
- Gewicht1450 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hesse/Schrader: Testtraining Polizei und Feuerwehr von Jürgen Hesse, Hans-Christian Schrader und Carsten Roelecke (2014, Taschenbuch)
- EUR 35,98Neu
- EUR 23,92Gebraucht
- EUR 27,69Neu
- EUR 17,45Neu
- EUR 12,30Gebraucht
- EUR 17,38Neu
- EUR 22,56Neu
- EUR 15,43Neu
- EUR 15,43Neu
- EUR 9,02Gebraucht
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,45
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,41
- EUR 21,95Preistendenz: EUR 22,56
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,72
- EUR 14,80Preistendenz: EUR 15,35
- EUR 6,00Preistendenz: EUR 6,17
- EUR 10,99Preistendenz: EUR 11,30
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.