Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis volume examines corruption and provides tools and that can be utilized to combat it and encourage development. Using Romania as a case study, the authors argue that corruption can be reduced via institutional reforms and effective civic education. Describing various causes and types of corruption, the authors explore the causes and influences that result in corruption and the current political and bureaucratic practices that inhibit social, political or economic reform. The nations of Europe, including Romania, have different civil traditions varying in their intensity, cultural heritage, scope of activity, religious or non-religious affiliation, among other factors. Western Europe has experienced over a century of modern government involvement crowding out the efforts of traditional civil society, while Romania, along with the other Eastern nations of the former Soviet bloc, experienced almost a half-century of systematic efforts by communist regimes to eradicate and control all spheres of voluntary, nongovernmental civil life. Moreover, the inexperience and immaturity of Romanian society in the early transition period after communism, particularly its so-called &8220;entrepreneurial class,&8221; have discredited and abused the concept of civil society, utilizing it solely for tax benefits and selfish purposes. Having had to learn the hard way about some of the key aspects of public administration often taken for granted in other countries more experienced in democratic participation, Romania has most recently made significant progress toward overcoming corruption and implementing reforms and policies that will allow it to participate more fully in the global arena.
- AutorSebastian Vaduva
- SerieSpringerBriefs in Economics
- Ausgabe1st ed. 2016
- Seiten137 Seiten
- Gewicht248 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,18
- EUR 18,00Preistendenz: EUR 18,33
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,29
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,29
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,14
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,65
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,35
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.