Meistverkauft in Medizin
Hier sparen: Medizin
- EUR 49,99Preistendenz: EUR 51,70
- EUR 87,99Preistendenz: EUR 90,50
- EUR 49,99Preistendenz: EUR 50,94
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 41,35
- EUR 29,99Preistendenz: EUR 30,61
- EUR 29,95Preistendenz: EUR 30,37
- EUR 29,99Preistendenz: EUR 31,01
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungFoods and Dietary Supplements in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease in Older Adults focuses on the ways in which food and dietary supplements affect the major health problems of aging adults. Researchers in nutrition, diet, epidemiology, and aging studies, as well as healthcare providers who work with elderly patients will use this comprehensive resource as a tool in their long-term goal of preventing and treating chronic disease within the elderly. This book brings together a broad range of experts working on the different aspects of foods and dietary supplements (vitamins, herbs, plant extracts, etc.) in health promotion and disease prevention. They have contributed chapters which define a range of ways in which foods, nutriceuticals, and dietary supplements prevent disease and promote health in older adults. They begin by reviewing the medicinal role of foods, herbal, and dietary supplements in health promotion in older adults, as well as some of the most commonly used supplements in elder "self-medication." They review the most recent studies of how foods, herbal, and dietary supplements are effective in the prevention and treatment of cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and other obesity associated diseases in older adults. Then they consider alcohol, other drugs, and plant based drugs of abuse which can adversely affect the health of older adults. Lastly, they consider foods and dietary supplements in gene regulation in older adults.
- AutorRonald Watson
- SerieAcademic Press
- VerlagElsevier LTD, Oxford
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten398 Seiten
- Gewicht1358 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.