Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungLakes and reservoirs hold about 90% of the world's surface fresh water, but overuse, water withdrawal and pollution of these bodies puts some one billion people at risk. The Encyclopedia of Lakes and Reservoirs reviews the physical, chemical and ecological characteristics of lakes and reservoirs, and describes their uses and environmental state trends in different parts of the world. Superbly illustrated throughout, it includes some 200 entries in a range of topics, including acidification, artificialisation, canals, climate change effects, dams, dew ponds, drainage, eutrofication, evaporation, fisheries, hydro-electric power, nutrients, organic pollution, paleolimnology, reservoir capacities and depths, sedimentation, water resources and more. The world s growing population faces the challenge of meeting ever-larger demands for fresh water, not only for drinking but also for agriculture, industry and recreation. Already some one billion people are at risk from over-use, water withdrawals and pollution of these water bodies So scientific knowledge of the lakes and reservoirs, which hold about 90% of the world's surface fresh water, is increasingly critical to meeting the multiplicity of needs.
The Encyclopedia of Lakes and Reservoirs offers a comprehensive and authoritative review of physical, chemical and ecological characteristics of lakes and reservoirs, as well as describing their uses and environmental conditions and trends in all parts of the world.
More than 165 scientists from over 30 countries have contributed in both large and small ways to this authoritative volume. Superbly illustrated throughout, it includes some 200 entries in a wide range of topics, including acidification, artificialisation, biology, canals, climate change effects, chemicals, dams, dew ponds, drainage, ecological, eutrophication, evaporation, fisheries, geographical, geological, hydrological, hydro-electric power, nutrients, organic pollution, paleolimnology, reservoir capacities and depths, sedimentation, water resources.
These include many of the most current and most controversial environmental problems.
- AutorR. W. Fairbridge,Reginald W. Herschy
- HerausgaberLars Bengtsson,Reginald W. Herschy,Rhodes W. Fairbridge
- SerieEncyclopedia of Earth Sciences
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten954 Seiten
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 15,36Neu
- EUR 15,34Neu
- EUR 22,46Neu
- EUR 13,22Neu
- EUR 15,36Neu
- EUR 15,36Neu
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,40
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,34
- EUR 21,95Preistendenz: EUR 22,46
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,60
- EUR 10,99Preistendenz: EUR 11,24
- EUR 28,00Preistendenz: EUR 28,90
- EUR 24,90Preistendenz: EUR 25,51
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.