Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Jordan River has attracted the attention of people around the world. The natives call it "the Shari'a," or the Code [of God.] The religious importance of the river is known to mankind. Travelers and explorers sailed down its course from north to south. All have noted that its waters are turbulent, its path windy, and its meandering course steep. Old civilizations flourished in the Jordan River basin. The territories surrounding it were known to have been ruled by the same political authority for centuries. Riparian States came to exist in its basin only after the First World War, when Britain and France shared the spoils of the eclipsed Ottoman Empire. Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Palestine were created as separate political entities and became riparian parties on the Jordan. Palestine became the target of the Zionist Movement for the establishment of a national home for the Jews. They were supported by Britain, who issued the Balfour Declaration in 1917 pledging support for their objective. The Jewish State, Israel, was established in part of Palestine in 1948, and became another riparian party on the Jordan River.
- AutorMunther J. Haddadin
- SerieNatural Resource Management and Policy,Natural Resource Management and Policy 21
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten535 Seiten
- Gewicht2110 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,02
- EUR 84,00Preistendenz: EUR 88,28
- EUR 49,00Preistendenz: EUR 51,50
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,50
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,71
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,12
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 41,82
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.