Hier sparen: Sonstige
- EUR 15,00Preistendenz: EUR 15,32
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,25
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,41
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,03
- EUR 23,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,44
- EUR 21,90Preistendenz: EUR 22,56
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,43
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis study focused towards uncovering possible explanations for differences noted in the doctor- patient relationship involving Haitian patients and White American medical and mental health providers in New York City.Some Haitians have reported their interactions with white providers were at times degrading.The roots of this negativism was explored. This study also used the case of Haitians to further support the inclusion of cultural sensitivity in health care.Qualitative methodologies were utilized. Samples interviewed about their experiences in this interaction.Some of the white providers interviewed acknowledged the possible existence of biases among their colleagues. Haitian patients felt they were looked upon with disdain and perceived as Black,poor and ignorant.Haitian providers seemed to believe there is a lack of respect for Haitians due to the historically poor image of Haitians.Results of the study suggest the negative experiences of some Haitians is likely related to the white providers' own biases.They have ramifications for society's image of other groups and can be beneficial to Social Scientists and Health Care Providers.
- AutorMarie J. Mith-Joseph
- VerlagLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Seiten180 Seiten
- Gewicht290 g
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.