Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThis edited collection explores the roles of material culture in socializing young people through their play. Authors explore notions of play from diverse cultural viewpoints, as well as the impact of technology on play, and the kinds of resistant and liberatory play children might partake in. Informed by the field of performance studies, the book considers play as performance, asking questions about embodiment at physical, relational, and ideological levels, and considering «performance» to be part of identity construction, as well as a component of enculturation into various societies. Of interest are the ways in which children try on various identities through their play, and how these identities may (re)define their attitudes, values, and beliefs. As curriculum and instruction have become open to the use of games &8211; and children&8217;s material culture more generally &8211; as a forum for learning, intersections have emerged between schooling and culture at large. This book broadens the scope of «learning» to investigate how these cultural artifacts are open or closed to multiple perspectives and narratives, as well as how their use is constituted both in and out of the classroom.
- HerausgaberDrew Chappell
- VerlagLang, Peter
- Seiten309 Seiten
- Gewicht470 g
Meistverkauft in Soziologie
Hier sparen: Soziologie
- EUR 20,99Preistendenz: EUR 21,54
- EUR 29,99Preistendenz: EUR 30,55
- EUR 29,90Preistendenz: EUR 30,64
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,54
- EUR 22,80Preistendenz: EUR 23,23
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,70
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,23
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.