Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungThe Western concept of massage primarily concerns muscle manipulation. In the practice of Chi Massage, internal energy, or Chi, is manipulated to strengthen and rejuvenate the sense organs--eyes, ears, nose, tongue, teeth, and skin--and the internal organs. The Taoist techniques in this practice are more than 5,000 years old and, until very recently, were closely guarded secrets passed down from master to student with each master often knowing only a small part of the complete method. In Chi Self-MassageMaster Mantak Chia pieces together the entire system of Chi Massage into a logical routine, revealing the methods used by Taoist masters to maintain their youthfulness. He explains the energetic theory behind Chi Massage and how negative emotions affect the organs and nervous system. By practicing the exercises outlined and following the daily routine that requires only 5 to 10 minutes to complete, readers can strengthen their senses--most notably vision, hearing, and taste--detoxify their internal organs and glands, help control negative emotions, relieve stress and constipation, and improve their complexion, teeth and gums, and overall stamina.
- AutorMantak Chia
- Ausgabe2 Rev ed.
- VerlagInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Seiten128 Seiten
- Gewicht222 g
- Leseprobefrom Chapter 3
Head, Neck, and Shoulders
The eyes are the doorways to the soul. They are connected to the entire nervous system, which gives them a special importance. In Taoism the eyes are regarded as yang energy that guides all chi flow in the body.
The different areas of the eyes correspond to different organs of the body, so they reveal the health of your entire body: You can tell which organs are weak or toxic by looking at your eyes. Nowadays people use their eyes much more than in the past to read, watch television, and work with computers, other electronic devices, and microscopes. This strains them a great deal and allows much of the energy of the connected organs to be drained out. Massaging the eyes will reenergize the vital organs.
Performing Eye Massage
Begin with the procedure for bringing energy to the hands and face, contracting the middle, left, and right sides of the anus. When your hands and face are hot, direct the chi to both eyes until you feel them filled with energy.
1. Close your eyes. Use your fingertips to gently massage your eyeballs through your closed eyelids, six to nine times clockwise, then six to nine times counterclockwise. Then gently massage the area around the lids the same number of times. Be aware of painful spots and massage those places until the pain goes away. Pay special attention to the inner and outer corners of the eyes. Massaging these points of the Gall Bladder meridian will relieve eye ailments. However, when rubbing near the corners of the eyes, do not rub too hard, because you can make the corners of the eyes droop down. Finish with rubbing the corners of the eyes upward.
2. Pull up the eyelids to increase the fluid. Use the thumb and index finger to gently pinch and pull up the eyelids then release them. Do this six to nine times.
3. Massage the eye sockets by bending your index fingers and using the lower section to rub the upper and lower bones of the eye sockets six to nine times.
4. The next step is to get a tear out of your eyes, which will strengthen them. Hold an index finger up about eight inches from your eyes (or put a dot on the wall five or six feet away from you). Stare at it intently without blinking until you feel like a fire is burning in your eyes. The Taoists believe that this technique burns the toxins out of the body through the eyes.
5. Bring chi to your eyes by rubbing your hands until they are warm, then closing your eyes, and covering your eye sockets with your palms. Feel the chi from the hands being absorbed into the eyes. Rotate your eyes six to nine times, first in a clockwise direction, then counterclockwise
Meistverkauft in Esoterik & Spiritualität
Hier sparen: Esoterik & Spiritualität
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,50
- EUR 15,99Preistendenz: EUR 16,80
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,45
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,26
- EUR 11,99Preistendenz: EUR 12,60
- EUR 19,99Preistendenz: EUR 20,99
- EUR 19,95Preistendenz: EUR 20,97
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.