Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungRob Krier is a unique voice in today&8217;s architectural discourse through his commitment to developing a relevant and pragmatic theory of architecture based on his own experience and observations of architectural practice and opposed to the easy, abstract theorising so common in contemporary architectural writing. Together with his brother Leon, he has perfected a form of presentation in which the potency of his thinking finds its perfect counterpoint in detailed drawings and sketches which argue his case visually through the power of example. Following the success of his widely acclaimend Urban Space, a work which looked at the problems of our cities from a historical, theoretical and practical standpoint, Krier now applies his particular, highly influential mode of di-dactic criticism to contemporary architecture in continuing search for fundamental architectural truths.
Architectural Composition is both a theoretical and visual analysis which clearly illustrates the creative process which informs Krier&8217;s vision and praxis. The culmination of a lifetime&8217;s thought and experience by one of Europe&8217;s most important architectural theorists, it is without doubt a major achievement and is a standard work of reference for both students and practising architects. The book, published for the first time in 1988 by Academy Editions in London,
has been supported by funds from the Fond zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung der Republik Österreich, and it was carried out at Krier&8217;s former Institut für Gestaltungslehre at the Techni-sche Universität in Vienna.
Rob Krier is an architect and influential theorist for architecture and urban planning. Born and raised in Luxembourg, he moved to Vienna after having studied in Munich and worked for Oswald Ma-thias Ungers and Frei Otto. After teaching posts in Stuttgart and Lausanne, he was a professor at the Technische Universität in Vienna from 1976 to 1998 and, in 1986, held a guest professorship at Yale University in New Haven, Mass. Krier has developed urban-design concepts for Stuttgart, Vienna, Berlin, Amiens, Montpellier, Leeds, Gothenburg, Lodz, Amsterdam, Den Haag and many other cities. Projects with which he was first able to translate his vision
of a spatial concept, such as Rauchstrasse in Berlin, Breitenfurterstrasse in Vienna or Ritterstrasse with Schinkelplatz in Berlin, re-peatedly found their place in international publications.
- AutorRob Krier
- VerlagEdition Axel Menges GmbH
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten344 Seiten
- Gewicht1901 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 17,52Neu
- EUR 12,35Gebraucht
- EUR 17,55Neu
- EUR 14,46Gebraucht
- EUR 13,34Neu
- EUR 22,66Neu
- EUR 17,46Neu
- EUR 15,50Neu
- EUR 9,06Gebraucht
- EUR 10,28Neu
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,52
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,47
- EUR 21,95Preistendenz: EUR 22,66
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 25,83
- EUR 28,00Preistendenz: EUR 29,16
- EUR 24,90Preistendenz: EUR 25,83
- EUR 14,99Preistendenz: EUR 15,50
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.