Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungMembers of the &8220;animal welfare science community&8221;, which includes both scientists and philosophers, have illegitimately appropriated the concept of animal welfare by claiming to have given a scientific account of it that is more objectively valid than the more &8220;sentimental&8221; account given by animal liberationists. This strategy has been used to argue for merely limited reform in the use of animals. This strategy was initially employed as a way of &8220;sympathetically&8221; responding to the abolitionist claims of anti-vivisectionists, who objected to the use of animals in research. It was subsequently used by farm animal scientists.
The primarily reformist (as opposed to abolitionist) goals of this community make the false assumption that there are conditions under which animals may be raised and slaughtered for food or used as models in scientific research that are ethically acceptable. The tendency of the animal welfare science community is to accept this assumption as their framework of inquiry, and thus to discount certain practices as harmful to the interests of the animals that they affect. For example, animal welfare is conceptualized is such a way that death does not count as harmful to the interests of animal, nor prolonged life a benefit.
- AutorRichard P. Haynes
- FormatGebundene Ausgabe
- Seiten162 Seiten
- Gewicht449 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,27
- EUR 18,00Preistendenz: EUR 18,40
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,36
- EUR 22,00Preistendenz: EUR 23,39
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,73
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,52
- EUR 17,99Preistendenz: EUR 18,81
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.