Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungExcerpt from A Glossary of the Cleveland Dialect: Explanatory, Derivative, and Critical Ten years ago the work which has resulted in the publication of this book was somewhat more than merely entered upon. But I am not able to say how long it is ago since the first thoughts of publication in the present, or in any, form definitely presented themselves: it was not, however, until some time after the labour bestowed had begotten greater interest, and the interest had stimulated not only increased painstaking but more diligent and systematic study. In the hope the book may prove that neither the labour nor the study has been quite without effect towards the illustration of an interesting subject and in the cause of philology, it is now submitted to the judgment of the public. No one can be more sensible than the author of its many imperfections and deficiencies. Many errors, many failures, many shortcomings will inevitably be pointed out. Working alone and unassisted, as he has done, in a singularly remote district, far from any accessible collection of books which might have been of aid, or from habitual intercourse with cultivated minds, with the duties of a very wide Moorland parish to attend to, with his children to teach himself, it could hardly fail to be so, however honest and hearty the labour bestowed in his not too abundant spare time might be. This is not written to deprecate criticism. He would, indeed, rather invite it. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- AutorJ. C. Atkinson
- VerlagForgotten Books
- Seiten680 Seiten
- Gewicht937 g
Meistverkauft in Lexika
Hier sparen: Lexika
- EUR 20,95Preistendenz: EUR 21,90
- EUR 14,95Preistendenz: EUR 15,81
- EUR 29,80Preistendenz: EUR 30,86
- EUR 24,99Preistendenz: EUR 26,42
- EUR 9,99Preistendenz: EUR 10,16
- EUR 12,99Preistendenz: EUR 13,23
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,23
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.