Alle Angebote für dieses Produkt
Über dieses Produkt
- KurzbeschreibungToday Edgar Allan Poe is a well-known and highly regarded author. When, a hundred years ago (1909), a group of Poe acquaintances, fans and scholars got together at the University of Virginia to commemorate Poe&8217;s birth centenary, they had to do so in order to modify the persistent misstatements of his earlier biographers, and to correct the unsettled judgment of his literary rank.
Now, in 2009, many Poe fans and scholars are gathering together once more to honour Poe on the second centenary of his birth. Different types of events (theatrical and musical performances, book auctions, etc.) and academic conferences have been celebrated on both sides of the Atlantic, acclaiming Poe&8217;s literary rank again. This volume brings together a wide range of scholars with varied critical approaches and succeeds in shedding new light on E. A. Poe on the occasion of his Bicentenary. The book is organized into three principal sections; the first part focuses on the reception of Poe in Great Britain, France, and Spain; the second revisits some of Poe&8217;s main legacies, such as his stories of detection, the Gothic, and Science Fiction; and the third deals with the aesthetic quality of his narratives and also offers an analysis of his work integrating Text Linguistics within the broader study of social discourses.
- HerausgaberBeatriz González Moreno,Margarita Rigal Aragón
- VerlagLang, Peter
- Seiten152 Seiten
- Gewicht230 g
Meistverkauft in Sprache & Literatur
Hier sparen: Sprache & Literatur
- EUR 20,00Preistendenz: EUR 21,34
- EUR 9,95Preistendenz: EUR 10,60
- EUR 16,99Preistendenz: EUR 17,42
- EUR 22,90Preistendenz: EUR 23,49
- EUR 39,80Preistendenz: EUR 42,44
- EUR 39,99Preistendenz: EUR 42,65
- EUR 19,90Preistendenz: EUR 20,79
Dieser Artikel gehört nicht auf diese Seite.
Vielen Dank. Wir kümmern uns darum.