TRUE RELIGION JEANS – DON’T GET FOOLED BY CHEAP FAKES!
FOR PART 4 PLEASE CLICK HERE: PART 4
FOR PART 1 PLEASE CLICK HERE: PART 1
FOR PART 2 PLEASE CLICK HERE: PART 2
- Painted pockets: With pockets that have the horseshoe printed on them the following rule applies: Authentic prints are evenly arranged on the pocket within the borders of the inner pocket seams and never cross the seams with its rounded shape on the lowest point of the pocket! The wings above on the right and left may cross or touch the seams though:
- Heritage pockets: The latest horseshoe pocket design (sometimes referred to as „Boob“-pocket), features and elongated horseshoe with a rounded shape that covers the whole pocket while always neatly staying within the pocket seams. The wings still have that characteristic swing to them:
Only Heritage pockets that don’t have a flap feature short, stubby and straighter wings:
FAKERS have the hardest time arranging the horseshoe in an even way on the pocket, so that it would have regular and even distance to the pocket seams and would stay neatly within the borders of the pocket shape. Moreover, fake heritage wings do also look shorter, stubbier and straighter on those pockets WITH flap!
Another mistake of the fakers with Heritage styles are the buttons: The use the wrong ones!! The authentic heritage button always has the characteristic hole in the middle:
Authentic Heritage Button
- Threads and stitching: The contrasting seams as well as the “Big T”-stitching are signature features of True Religion denim. All seams are stitched neatly and regularly. The inner seams are generally double seams and fixed through stitching to the overlapping right and left of the seam. The outer stitching may vary in colour and thread according to the style, but they should always be stitched evenly, neatly and with a high quality thread:
- Often faked styles: Bobby Big T, Bobby Heritage Super T, Billy Big T, Johnny Big T, Rainbow-Series, Stevie, Billy Stretch, Billy Super T, Joey Heritage Super T, Ava Heritage Select Big T. WATCH OUT: Even the latest styles are already circulating as fakes on this platform!
- Tipp: If you live in Germany: Contact UNIFA GmbH (Düsseldorf), who is the licensed True Religion distributor for the German market. There you will be able to get more information. At „Jades“ in Düsseldorf or at our own “KISSaFROG” fashion outlet locations in Bonn and Cologne you may get an authenticity check of your True Religion jeans. We are happy to assist you!
Compare you jeans with the original! You don’t necessarily have to run to a store, sometimes it’s enough to have a look at the official True Religion website. Just type your style in the search field and look at their detailed pictures.
Protect yourself from fakes and put your trust in us honest sellers on eBay! Check out our Trendandbrands by KISSaFROG Shop, because with us you are always on the safe side! There is nothing more annoying, than in the end finding out that you have been fooled by a cheap fake! Or even worse: giving it away as a gift! Right now we offer a wide range of different True Religion styles and many more Premium denim labels and designer fashion. Take a look at our shop and find out yourself! To stay always up-to-date about our special offers and sales, please subscribe to our free Trendandbrands newsletter!
For further questions and information, please get in touch with us. If this Fake-or-Not Guide has helped you in learning about the differences of authentic and fake True Religion denim, we would be happy to receive a positive feedback about it from you! Thanks!